NEWS | SOFTWARE | SHEET
Download Bar Bending Schedule Spreadsheet to IS 2502: 1999
It is an essential tool for detailing reinforcement as per Indian Standard. You may be a designer, contractor, detailer or a supplier/manufacturer, the bar bending schedule spreadsheet can assist you in saving time while preparing bar lists, arranging, optimizing, or tagging it.
The simple and intuitive interface of this spreadsheet helps you to quickly provide the information in a neat format. To fasten the input process, this spreadsheet has a shape code pop-up window. You may check the above video to understand the bar input process.
To make the interface user friendly, there are several features available in the spreadsheet. These features include: steel grades, bend and hook lengths etc. These features are fully editable as per user's bending method such as machine or manual bending. It further allows user to change the materials in the spreadsheet that one is using.
Arranging and personalization are performed based on four user defined levels of priority. A user can choose to arrange by material's diameter/length/bar mark or by material's weight/length or by any other order. It also permits an user to modify the length of bar stock to reflect the currently availability in stock. It allows you to also change the weight limitations for grouping rebar and putting individual tags.
Personalization is done using very complex algorithm to make sure that minimum waste and off cuts are achieved. These aspects make the cutting a reasonable affair. The personalized sheet can display bar lengths to be cut, and the bar marks. Due to this, it's very easy to point out the optimized cut lengths and how each length can be bent. Sorting and personalization is performed according to user-defined order. That's why it provides full control on the sorted bar list.
The bar tags are quite obvious and simple to read. This makes sure a good communication between various stakeholders such as people from production, delivery to site, and installation site. The delivery note provides a summary of entire rebar delivered to a particular site. This allows an easy way to check whether things are delivered as per requirement.
Some of its salient features are:
- The schedule is quite obvious and simple to read
- A quick input of bars and bend lengths
- According to bar shape code, bar shape diagrams are shown automatically
- Bar dimensions are displayed on the bar shape diagrams
- A pop-up window with shape codes for convenient use, though it may be disabled if needed
- Personalization, sorting, delivery and tagging note
- Four customized priority levels for sorting/arranging
- Completely customized sheet provides cut lengths and related bar marks
- Can modify stock bar lengths per bar diameter
- Can change maximum rebar group weight per each tag
- Can modify the steel grades. By default the selected grades are: fe415, fe500, and fe550
- Can edit bend and hook lengths
- There are different 50 bar shapes (32 from IS 2502 and 18 additional shapes);
- Allows automatic inputs of minimum hook and bend allowances
- It highlights the lengths that are to be entered
- It provides the total weights and lengths per each bar size
- The spreadsheet is fully compatible with older versions of M.S. Excel, like M.S. Excel 2007
- The whole process is as per Indian Standard (IS 2502: 1999).