NEWS | SOFTWARE | SHEET
Things to Examine Prior to Concreting Footings
Common procedure is to verify once the footings are set for concreting like reinforcement is completely in place. On the other hand, the perfect way would be to verify it in two stages.
a. Examine Formwork along with soil layers: Prior to you permit installing of reinforcement, verify the molding board and soil layers. It is essential as definite sample plate imperfections cannot be rectified or are hard to rectify once reinforcement is fixed in place.
b. Verifying Reinforcement: Make sure, if the reinforcement has been set according to measure and positioning, presented in the structural illustrations. Thus like a conventional engineering science procedure, individual must verify the boilerplate prior to reinforcement is set or connected.
01. Centralizing and shuttering/sample plate: Besides prior to starting the shuttering and centralizing/formwork for foundation, the subsequent topics have to be inspected.
- Make sure the center lines/border from periphery etc. from mentioned pillar/fundamental column. Make sure if you are obtaining all valid boundaries from the avenue and each base border according to rule and like figure. Moreover, verify position with reference to North.
- Make sure that the base is lying at a predetermined depth according to sketch.
- Measure of setup case must be according to sketch and it must be composed of standard materials .
- The frame must be arid and must be cleared cautiously prior to using mildew free medium. The similar kind of mildew removing element must be utilized completely on same frame objects.
- The outside of sample plate must be smooth and sparsely covered by mildew removing element.
- The mildew removing agent must not come in association with reinforcement or the toughened concrete because it will have an effect on the link among steel and concrete.
- The elevation of shuttering must be identical as that of the elevation of pedestal and joint must be closed to stop any seepage of the cement sludge.
- Foothold case must be assisted correctly in order that place of foothold case does not get modified throughout cementing.
- Middle of the foothold must be signed and evident by use of pins on boards or foothold case.
- Shuttering for footings must be persistent in all tough condition such as arid, raining or ground water is present.
- Get sanctioned the formwork from Engineer-in-control or administrator prior to connecting reinforcement.
- Observe that there is no dust accumulation on C.C. prior to connecting reinforcement.
- In case footing depth is beyond, make sure that the burrowed earth does not decline or collapse until it is reloaded. Execute appropriate supporting and shuttering. Make sure right ladder etc to go into the excavation and for turning out. Furthermore, make sure protection of labor’s functioning.
- The reinforcement steel must be clear of any open scale, decay, dirt, or grease.
- Reinforcement of foundation net (jali) must be trimmed according to bar bending schedule.
- Footing net must be composed through linking the bars. One and all, bar junction must be linked by binding wire of certified gauge.
- The bend (‘L‘) in interlock must be of 90° and bar is mandatory to be overhead.
- The middle of the foundation mesh must be linked with the middle of the footing.
- Verify the size of binding wire.
- Verify lap length to be supplied for overlapping of steel reinforcement. On the other hand, for foothold laps must not be permitted.
- Make sure that gapers are offered to get concrete covering. It must not be lower than 50 millimeter.
- The least width of covering to major reinforcement must not be lower than 50 millimeter for the exterior in association with ground face and not lower than 40 millimeter for exterior open face.
- On the other hand, where the concrete is in open connection with the earth, for instance once Plain cement concrete is not utilized at base of foothold; it is common to set a covering of 75 millimeter. This permits for the irregular exterior of the unearthing.
- In the event of raft footing, if lying absolutely on soil or on tilt concrete, the covering for the reinforcement should not be lower than 75 millimeter.
- The width of major reinforcing bars must be not lower than 10 millimeter.
- The reinforcement steel quality, measure, covering, distancing, and bonding must be according to the sanctioned plan.
- Once a pillar ends into a foothold or net, separate constraining reinforcement must expand at most 300 millimeter into the foothold or net or according to sketch.
- A minimum of 4 bars must be offered in pillar.
- A minimum 3 bars (rims) must be presented once pillar ends into foothold.
Image Courtesy & Source: gharpedia.com